Wednesday, April 18, 2007

April 18, "Shama"

by Mercylynn W.

I who will take you through am Mercylynn W. and I am 17. Am born again and I love Christ as my saviour. I love reading the Bible as our mum does. I come from a single family of four. I have one sister, Colynn, whom I love with a passion and two brothers. Am the youngest. I feel so proud to be in this position since I obtained a lot of favors from mum.

I joined this home, Tumaini, in the year 2004. It was on 20th May. That day was my first day to be in the place and also hear of that name. I had also never thought of myself being in a children’s home because I had an uncle who used to encourage me to work hard in school so that I can support our family. He showed me a lot of love and besides all the adversities I passed through, his warmth was enough for me. At times I used to stay with my grandmother, whom with a lot of compassion brought me up learning more about God. She used to read for us the Bible so often and encourages us to go to church to join up with other kinds.

The day I joined the home, I felt so much uneasy especially to cope up with the other kinds and later I got used to. Since east west home is best, I just wished to be next to my grandma. I currently enjoy living with our new large family. What I find so fun most is our mum who is Mrs. Eunice. She is a retired teacher. She teaches us music as in songs, which we do present on Sunday services and sometime we go for music competitions. We love her so much.

Here in our home, we are usually allocated duties of cleaning the pavements and utensils. We also clean the church compound on Saturdays. We help in the kitchen in cooking especially when cooking chapattis. We also help in carrying firewood.

During the holiday we do attend remedial tuitions where we obtain a lot of academic help. We also attend computer and tailoring classes. We find it fun especially when we are with the Americans who live with us in here in the orphanage.

Usually, we do have prayer partners. My prayer partner is Emily. She writes to me and sends me her photos. She writes that she wish to be in Kenya. In reply I do tell her of how much fun it is to be in Kenya. I would like her to pay a visit. It would be a pleasure it meet her face to face.

I love to pass my regards to our sponsors inclusively our guardian Rev Bernard Muindi, the Parkers, Dr. Eve, Mr & Mrs Thomas, Sarah, all our prayer partners, well wishers and the long list go on.

May god bless you all.

We will be writing in this weekly please comment.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Tumaini Children's Center said...

Good job Mercylynn! We are so excited about this blog!!!

love, Claire, Lara and Jonathan

April 18, 2007 at 8:41 PM  
Blogger Tumaini Children's Center said...

Thanks. i hope we will be conversing. luv, Mercylnn.

April 18, 2007 at 8:45 PM  
Blogger Gabrielle said...

Hello Mercylynn,

My name is Gabrielle. I am Lara's sister-in-law. Thank you for writing such a long post on this blog. It was really interesting to know so much about daily life at Tumaini Children's Center, and to learn a little of how you came to be there.
I can imagine that it must have been a huge adjustment to move there, but it sounds as though you have found a really wonderful place to be, full of good people.
I hope to hear more of your life there soon!

April 19, 2007 at 4:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Debra, and I am writing from California, US. I think your writing is beautiful and can't wait to see your next post! Also, I'd love to see pictures of where you live. It sounds lovely.

P.S. I am also a student, but quite a bit older than you -- almost 52!

April 19, 2007 at 6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Mercylynn,

My name is Mary, and I am very interested in your life there at Tumaini. It sounds as though there are many people who care about you and make sure that you have what you need. It also sounds as if you and the others at Tumaini stay very busy with chores and schoolwork. Do your brothers and sisters live with you there?

I enjoyed reading your post, and I look forward to hearing more about you and your friends and family.

April 19, 2007 at 10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mercylynn!! It was so wonderful to read your letter. We are sending much love your way. We are missing that smile of yours and all your jokes and laughter. And I know you must miss watching me do my washing! :) How is your Form 4 year going? Are you preparing for your exams? Please pass our love on to cu cu, guka, the matrons, Euince (manager), and all the friends. God Bless - we love you!
Mr. and Mrs. Thomas

April 20, 2007 at 5:59 AM  
Blogger Sara E. James said...

hi Mercylynn,
I enjoyed reading your post. I have been reading about Lara and Claire's experiences at Tumaini and it is an honor to hear from one of the young people they have met. I am also born again and love Christ, and I pray that He will use you to share His love with others. God bless you!

Sara in the USA

April 20, 2007 at 5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mercylynn,
It was great to see that you remember us. Mr. Parker wants to know - did you type your message with both hands? And I'm going to send Emily a message and ask her to look at tumainikids blog - and then I hope that she will send you a comment as well.
Love & Blessings,
Mrs.Parker

April 22, 2007 at 12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Again Mercylynn,
I will also let Sarah Orr know about this blog.
Love Again,
Mrs. Parker

April 22, 2007 at 12:31 AM  
Blogger Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Hi Mercylynn!!!
I am Bernadette (bern-a-det), yes my name can be very hard to say. Most people, like my friends and family, call me "B" or "Miss B". I am 15 years old. I live in the United States. I really enjoyed reading your post.
I am a born again Christian too. I have three sisters, Rachael, Shawntell, and Maria. I also have one brother, his name is Joshua. I feel very sad about my brother because I have not seen him in 2 years.
What is it like living in Tumaini??? I live in a desert region, in America. It is called Wyoming (why-oh-ming). It gets very cold here in the winter, and very hot in the summer. In the winter, we get snow... a white, soft, cold, frozen water that looks like lace. Its pretty but cold. For fun, we ski, snowboard, and play games in the snow. In the summer, we fish, camp, and go on boat rides. What do you like to do for fun???
I read the bible too. What story or scripture do you like the best??? What do you like to tell people about Jesus???
I would really like it if we were pen pals Would you???

This is my mother's blog name/page. You can leave a message for me there.

An American friend,
Bernadette "B" "Miss B"

May 13, 2007 at 6:21 AM  
Blogger virus said...

www.webco.nl

April 25, 2009 at 7:44 PM  
Anonymous Runescape cheats Hacks!! said...

but it still rather hard to believe such stories because they are maybe untrue

May 6, 2009 at 7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home