Friday, April 27, 2007

April 27, "My Life"

by Dorcas, age 11

My name is Dorcas. I live in Tumaini Children's Home. I am 11 years old. I am happy when I am in Tumaini. I go to school at Riamukurwe primary school. I use to be happy when I am in school and when I'm learning and when ou r teacher teaches us. I am happy when I am in Tumaini. I enjoy playing with my friends and learning. We stay in peace hear in Tumaini. We love one another and enjoying the life of tumaini. I pray every day when I am going to bed. I like to run everyday and I live to learn. My favourite subject is math, English, social studies and CRE. I like to study every time. May God bless our home Tumaini. May God bless hands so that I can be able to work hard.

7 Comments:

Blogger Bill C said...

Hi Dorcas,

Sounds like God is very much blessing you. Glad you find so much happiness each day; you are an inspiration.

April 27, 2007 at 4:22 AM  
Blogger Marnie said...

I am so glad you know Our Lord and i am grateful for His blessing to you. may you always feel Gods love for you. Keep praying every night!you are an inspiration to me.

April 27, 2007 at 6:35 AM  
Blogger Gabrielle said...

Hello Dorcas,

I am Gabrielle. I am so glad to know that you are happy and that you love your studies. I love to learn too - there are so many wonderful things to know!

April 27, 2007 at 10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dorcas, As I read your beautiful words, I feel you are a very big part of the blessings at tumaini because you have such a loving and grateful heart! Thank you for sharing your heart with us. May Jesus' love carry you every day of your life! Love from CT! :)

April 29, 2007 at 3:36 AM  
Blogger Appletini said...

May God Bless you Dorcas :) It makes me very happy to hear that you feel safe and that you like to learn.

April 30, 2007 at 11:58 PM  
Blogger Theresa Tate said...

Hello Dorcas,
I am so glad you like to learn and that you have faith in God.
A few years ago my husband went to Kenya and loved the people there. They danced and sang and he tried to do the same dance. When he tried, they laughed very hard because he couldn't do it very well. He laughed too - it was all part of the fun.
I am a teacher at a school for the blind in Washington State. Our children are wonderful and really enjoy blogging like you do. I will introduce some of them to your blog in the future.
Blessings, Theresa

May 2, 2007 at 7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Dorcas,
This morning we learned in the sermon at Noroton Presbyterian Church that Dorcas is the Greek word for gazelle - and also that Dorcas is Tabitha in Aramaic. We know that there are 2 Tabithas in Tumaini so there are 3 of you there who can really run fast - like gazelles.
Love & Blessings to All 3 of You,
Mrs.& Mr. Parker

May 7, 2007 at 2:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home