Monday, May 7, 2007

"Why Hyena and Hare are Enemy," told by Charles M. (8) to James K. (20)

Once upon a time there was Hare, and Hyena. They decided to stole fruit to the near by farm. While they were in farm they told each other to close their eye to test the accuracy of picking ripe fruit. But the hare opened he eyes picked the ripe fruit while Hyena picked unripe. The hyena was very angry and decided to eat the hare but the Hare ran away since that day Hyena always such [search] for Hare to eat him. That end of story.

 

**This story Charles M.  told me it was narrated to him by his grandmother but in kikuyu and he asked me to translate it in English for Lita [Lara] to be able to understand.

 

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great story :)

May 7, 2007 at 1:01 AM  
Blogger Train Kid said...

Dear Charles

That's a sweet story!

Linus
A Shichida Kid
Malaysia

May 7, 2007 at 1:07 AM  
Blogger Jonathan Lipps said...

thanks Charles and James! I really enjoyed that story. Where I come from, we also have a story about the Hare, called The Turtle and the Hare, where the Hare tries to get what he wants the lazy way!

May 7, 2007 at 1:27 AM  
Blogger Bill C said...

Hello Charles,

This is a fine story, and one I've never heard or seen before. If you know more stories I would love to learn them from you. Thank you for sharing this one!

May 7, 2007 at 5:33 AM  
Blogger YouthPlay Staff said...

That hare was not too nice. Still, I am glad he got away from the hyena. This was a really good story. Explore the world at YouthPlay.

May 7, 2007 at 6:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Please visit my blog Internet Marketing Guide. Internet marketing offers a lot of home, part-time jobs. Here are some simple ways to make money online. We make it simple as the common man can understand the details. http://netmarketindia.blogspot.com/

May 7, 2007 at 3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Charles, I like the story very much. I teach students who are a little younger than you. When we talk about a story like this, I always ask my students if they learned anything from the story. Do you think there is a lesson in this story?

Hi James, I think it is wonderful that you are so good at translating. I also think it is very nice of you to help a younger child.

May 12, 2007 at 5:01 AM  
Blogger sarah mac said...

thank you for this story, charles & james!

i hope you are having so much fun with your blog! I love reading it and i send big hugs from los angeles, california!

May 12, 2007 at 9:19 PM  
Anonymous Free Antivirus Download said...

It is fantastic story but it is too short. free antivirus download

February 23, 2013 at 11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home