Wednesday, April 18, 2007

April 18, "Wedding Day"

by Carolyne N.

My name is Carolyne from Tumaini Home in NYERI. I am 16.

15April 07

It was on Saturday morning when I woke up at dawn to prepare myself for a wedding ceremony that took place in our church When I woke up I first had a cold shower and within no time I went for my breakfast that had already been prepared .When it was almost at 10.A.M., I really walked very hurriedly to at the church because the ceremony had started.
I was very anxious to see that wedding because the bride groom was my Head teacher in primary school. It was attended by many people from the nearest village because it was along time since there was a wedding ceremony in our church. It was very interesting and also enjoying. When the service was over we went outside where we had the bride and bridegroom being rewarded some presents by the relatives and also their friends. In a couple of a minute we had our lunch that was a very delicious meal. Finally the ceremony was ended with a word of prayer and that marked the end of the day.
It was really a very enjoying day.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Gabrielle said...

Hello Carolyne,
I am Gabrielle. Lara is my sister-in-law. I enjoyed reading about the wedding. I love weddings too. When I got married, I laughed all through the ceremony. You can ask Lara about it. I was very happy, and it seemed very amazing and funny to me that I was getting married.

April 19, 2007 at 4:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Carolyne,

My name is Nadia and I live in South Africa. My younger sister is getting married next week! Weddings are very happy times. I am not in the office next week but when I come back from the wedding I will tell you all about it!

Love
Nadia
nadku@mailbox.co.za

April 19, 2007 at 2:25 PM  
Blogger farmerm said...

Dear Carolyne
Jambo. I learned that from Lara! She is trying to learn your language and you can help her since your english is very good! Read as much as you can and teach Lara some new words every day! I am Lara's mom and she will teach me what you teach her. It is very nice to hear about your day in Kenya. We live on the east coast of America and it has rained here for 6 days straight and there is water everywhere. Soon it will be hot here and we can plant our vegetables in our garden.

Will write more later.

April 19, 2007 at 2:40 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hi Carolyne

You did well to get up so early to make sure you were ready for the wedding! I am not very good at getting up early, but weddings are worth it. I'm glad you enjoyed your day.

Rachel

April 21, 2007 at 5:34 PM  
Blogger Bill C said...

Hello Carolyne,

Sounds like the wedding day was very exciting for you; glad you enjoyed the day. Thank you for sharing the story with us, and for introducing yourself.

God bless,
Mr Bill

April 22, 2007 at 3:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Carolyne,
It was nice to read your story about the wedding on your blog. Do you remember my first day at Tumaini in 2005 when you and Theresa came by and asked if I spoke Kikuyu.
Many blessings to all of you.
Mr. John

April 22, 2007 at 11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home