Friday, May 18, 2007

"One On One," Margaret (14?)

by MARGARET  K, (14?)
 
 I'M  Margaret  I live in  Tumaini  I  I'm  in  form  two ,I  like going to school  and  I   enjoy  my studies so much . What I want to tell you is about   our country Kenya. Many Kenyans    are farmers     and they grow as many crops as they can   the most crops that we grow here for export is coffee and tea.       We also grow maize, beans, potatoes and other many crops.
 
The most liked dish here is (githeri)    it is cooked with maize and beans   .  But that is not  my best dish mine is  Chips, fried  Chicken and Chapatti   .I just wanted to tell you  which is our  food here in Kenya .Also here in  Kenya  we keep   animals such as cows, goats ,donkeys, sheep  ,Carmel's and many other animals. We also have big rivers here in Kenya  such as    river Tana    ,ewasonyiro     and      others .                                             

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so good to read and learn more about your country and the food that you enjoy. I am so glad that you are enjoying your studies and the teachers who are there to help. May God continue to watch over you and bless you always.

May 18, 2007 at 5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so great to learn more about you and your country and the things you enjoy. I am glad you like your studies and the teachers. Thank you for sharing your story with us. May God continue to bless you and watch over you.

May 18, 2007 at 5:09 PM  
Blogger christine said...

I have never heard of a Carmel--what is it?

May 18, 2007 at 6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Margaret! 'Githeri' is great; but - you forgot 'ugali' with 'sukuma wiki' mixed in meat. I love that!

May 19, 2007 at 8:00 PM  
Blogger Bill C said...

Hi Margaret,

I didn't know many Kenyans are farmers. And coffee and tea? Very good! My wife likes drinking coffee, and I like tea.
:-)

Kenya sounds like a beautiful country. Thanks for sharing this interesting information.

May 23, 2007 at 3:44 PM  
Blogger Gabrielle said...

Hi Margaret,

Thanks for telling me so much about your country. There are farmers in this country (America)) too. My grandfather is a farmer. He grows corn (a kind of maize), and also strawberries and asparagus. He used to grow more things, but he is very old now (89 years).

We live near to a river. It is called the Hudson. I am not sure how big it is compared to the rivers you write of. You can ask Lara - she has been here and has seen the Hudson river.

June 8, 2007 at 12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Margaret,
My favorite Kenyan food is also chipatis! The cooks at tumaini make very delicious chipatis! I am looking forward to having them when I return.
Blessings,
Dr. Eve

June 11, 2007 at 10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Margaret

I live in a part of America, on the East Coast, where there isn't much farming. There are farms, but it isn't a big deal. In the central part of the country there is a lot of farming. My grandparents live in a small town almost in the center of the country that is surrounded by farms.

We have big rivers as well. The Mississippi river is very big. It is one of the longest in the world.

I am 14 as well. Kenya sounds nice and hopefully one day I will visit!

June 29, 2007 at 1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home