Monday, May 14, 2007

"My Life in Tumaini" by Rosemary (14?)

Though I am new in Tumaini Children’s Home, I have a lot to express it. When I came to this home, I could not believe that it was a home of destitute children. The reason for saying this is because it is a mansion built home. In addition to that I understood that one was to be given clothes, food, education and in addition to good health. On the other hand, the Tumaini children are good and are well-disciplined. This is because all the days that I have lived with them they have never harassed me. In this home also, I understand the children are well reared and are brought up as Christians and are God fearing children. This is a good idea since the children will be in a position of living a Christian life in their future lives. I have even become more impressed because I have learned that the USA Christians does not only help us in food, shelter, education and many other good things but they are also interested with our health. Two months back they sent three people who have come to help us in Sports. They always tell us that running which is their main sport and that it is good to our health. What I do because I have nothing that I can reward them with. Otherwise life in Tumaini is the one that I have never lived since I was born . It is the best life than the outside life. May the almight God bless all those who stretches their hands to help and raise and educate destitute Children like us.

 

4 Comments:

Blogger Highlander said...

Rosemary, I hope you settle in well at Tumaini and make new friends. I don't think that the people who help you will be expecting a reward - if you grow up to be a good, honest, hard-working person then that will be reward enough.

May 14, 2007 at 1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jambo rosemary,
I am very happy that you like being at Tumaini! And I am happy that Lara and Claire are there to teach you about running. It takes a lot of disipline and commitment to participate in such a challenging sport and I congratulate you on working so hard. God bless you and all your new friends at Tumaini!
Dr. Eve

May 15, 2007 at 7:33 PM  
Blogger Bill C said...

Hi Rosemary,

I hope God continues to bless you and all the other children at Tumaini. And I hope you enjoy your sports, especially running if you are taking part in preparing for the races. Best regards to you!

May 23, 2007 at 3:30 PM  
Blogger Gabrielle said...

Your post was very well-written. Your gratitude was moving, but I know that you and the othe children at Tumaini need not worry about rewarding those who help you.

There will be many opportunites in your own life to help other people, and over time you will come to understand how deeply rewarding it is to be the one who helps. For now, look to their example.

June 8, 2007 at 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home