Monday, May 21, 2007

"Carolyne," 16

by Carolyne, 16

 

I am Carolyne from Tumaini Children centre at Nyeri in Kenya. I really enjoy running and playing football. I do run with our friends Lara and Claire who joined us almost two and a half months ago. We run four times per week but different kilometers for each time.

 

               There is one day I realized that I can really make it if I only practice often. It was on Sunday 6 of May 2007 when I ran for 26km, I bare witness with the proverb that says practice makes perfect. I practice for marathon and I believe that I will be one of those who take part in marathon if only I continue with that pace. I really do not know where my talent lies but may be it is athletics.

                     I do well in academic and I enjoy some of the subjects that I usually perform well. These subjects include: Mathematics, Physics, Business and English. I had a good mark when I did my K.C.P.E. I usually attend my studies at Riamukurwe secondary school of which I joined last year 

                       GOODBYE

 

                         MAY GOD BLESS YOU.

4 Comments:

Blogger christine said...

You can do anything you set your mind to!

May 21, 2007 at 4:57 PM  
Blogger Bill C said...

Hello Carolyne,

I hope you're still practicing and training. 26km! That is a long distance to run. Good for you!

And I think you will find staying strong by running will also help you study and learn in school. Body and mind share strength and good health, yes?

May 23, 2007 at 3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Carolyne,
I am really proud of you! You are a real champion.
God bless you,
Dr. Eve

June 11, 2007 at 10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Running is a great thing, I hope you enjoy it. Good for you for training for a marathon. I live in Pennsylvania and I think that I will try to run a marathon when I am 18 or 19. Your story inspires me.

July 2, 2007 at 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home