Monday, May 28, 2007

"Run," by Carolyne (16)

by Carolyne, age 16

 

I am Carolyne from Tumaini Children centre at Nyeri in Kenya. I really enjoy running and playing football. I do run with our friends Lara and Claire who joined us almost two and a half months ago. We run four times per week but different kilometers for each time. 

         

There is one day I realized that I can really make it if I only practice often. It was on Sunday 6 of May 2007 when I ran for 26km, I bare witness with the proverb that says practice makes perfect. I practice for marathon and I believe that I will be one of those who take part in marathon if only I continue with that pace. I really do not know where my talent lies but may be it is athletics.

                    

I do well in academic and I enjoy some of the subjects that I usually perform well. These subjects include: Mathematics, Physics, Business and English. I had a good mark when I did my K.C.P.E. I usually attend my studies at Riamukurwe secondary school of which I joined last year 

 

                       GOODBYE

 

                         

3 Comments:

Blogger christine said...

Thats amazing that you did 26km, I am still struggling with 15!

May 29, 2007 at 10:54 PM  
Blogger Gabrielle said...

I am so pleased to hear that you have run the 26k. Yes, you really can make it! You must give up all thoughts of faillure and just push through! Very well done Carolyne!

June 8, 2007 at 12:22 PM  
Blogger Bill C said...

Hello Carolyne,

Running must be one of your talents; not many people can run those distances. Well done! And academics is likely another talent, since mathematics and physics are not easy subjects.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

June 12, 2007 at 7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home